Thursday, April 30, 2020

A blog about my new blog

Its been a while!  I'm not sure why really...other stuff going on I suppose.  This will be a short one...but I wanted to use this platform to announce the launch of a new blog, Washington Shorelines Now and Then.  This is a partnership blog, started with Rob Casey of Salmon Bay Paddle and Shanon Dell, in Sequim.  Both of these characters spend lots of time on the water, are excellent photographers and communicators, and share an interest with me in the history of Washington's shoreline.  Rob and I, in fact, have been talking about doing this project for years...so its immensely satisfying to see it come to something.

 

The idea is really simple.  We try to collect and replicate historic views of Washington's shoreline, in order to provide a visual summary for the how Washington's shorelines have changed through time...either due to natural or anthropogenic forces.  The key feature is a side-by-side comparison of the two photos - the historic and the modern:

Check out the post with this photo, and the photo credits, here.
And then we add just a bit of text wrapping.

Enjoy!



No comments: